Diabetes is called the silent disease because it sneaks up on you without warning, and untreated, it is deadly; the complications of diabetes are devastating, affecting nearly every organ of the body. But the fact is, once diagnosed, type 2 -- or "age onset" diabetes -- can be treated, and perhaps even cured. The Diabetes Cure is the breakthrough book by Vern S. Cherewatenko, MD and Paul Perry which will provide relief to the millions of people suffering from type 2 diabetes. A practicing physician in Washington state, Dr. Cherewatenko has already helped hundreds of patients using his unique program.
- Approximatley six percent of the U.S. population, some 16 million people, have diabetes.
- Of the millions who suffer, 14.9 million have type 2 diabetes.
- Every year, in the U.S. alone, 800,000 people are diagnosed with diabetes and 200,000 die from the disease.
- People diagnosed with diabetes spend the rest of their lives on medication, believing they have no choice.
- It is believed that 5.4 million adults in the United States have the disease and don't even know it.